Hi all! Today I am going to write about, how to install the Dependency Agent in a Core Server 2016. The Dependency Agent is the agent of Service Map in Operation Management Suite (OMS).
Install the Dependency Agent in a Core Server
- OMS Workspace (How To)
- Windows Server Core
- OMS agent or SCOM Agent installed
- First of all we have to download the Dependency Agent from the OMS portal. For that, we open our OMS workspace in your desktop, open the Service Map feature and click on Add a Machine and in the Configure windows we are going to Right Click on the “Download Agent for Windows” botton and select “Copy Link Adress”
- Then we Log on the Core Server and open Powershell (Write Poweshell in the command promt and enter)
- Now we are going to download the agent in the server: Invoke-WebRequest https://aka.ms/dependencyagentwindows -Outfile “D:\Install\InstallDependencyAgent-Windows.exe”
- Once the download finish, we go to our folder (cd D:\Install\ ) and run the .exe file: .\InstallDependencyAgent-Windows.exe
- And now we have Dependency Agent GUI to install it :).
That’s all my friends, I hope that this guide help to you.
Youtube: Beard in the Cloud
Facebook: Beard in the Cloud
Linkedin: Matias Caniglia